First Insurance Company of Hawaii
Bishop Museum + Highway Inn Giveaway Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who complete all entry requirements between October 18, 2021 at 12:01am (HST) and October 29, 2021 at 5pm (HST), and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. One winner will be awarded a prize of 4 tickets to the Bishop Museum’s “Expedition Dinosaur: Rise of the Mammals” exhibit and a $100 gift card to Highway Inn. The Contest is only open to legal residents of The State of Hawaii, and is void where prohibited by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of First Insurance Company of Hawaii as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted on Instagram starting on October 18, 2021 at 12:01am (HST) and ending October 29, 2021 at 5pm (HST).
- How to Enter: 1) Like the contest post on Instagram. 2) Follow First Insurance (@firstinshi), Bishop Museum (@bishopmuseum) and Highway Inn (@highwayinn) on Instagram. 3) Tag a friend or family member who you want to go with in the comment section of the contest post. Multiple entries are welcomed, limit one tag per individual comment.
- The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete, do not adhere to the rules or specifications, or have images that are deemed inappropriate and or violent, may be disqualified at the sole discretion of First Insurance Company of Hawaii. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of First Insurance Company of Hawaii.
- Prizes: One winner will receive 4 tickets to the Bishop Museum's "Expedition Dinosaur: Rise of the Mammals" exhibit and a $100 gift card to Highway inn. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by First Insurance Company of Hawaii. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at First Insurance Company of Hawaii’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for First Insurance Company of Hawaii to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Notification: One winner will be notified by First Insurance Company of Hawaii’s @firstinshi Instagram account via Direct Message. First Insurance Company of Hawaii shall have no liability for a Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 48 hours from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT First Insurance Company of Hawaii‘s SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that First Insurance Company of Hawaii, anyone acting on behalf of First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and First Insurance Company of Hawaii’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- Terms & Conditions: First Insurance Company of Hawaii reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond First Insurance Company of Hawaii’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, First Insurance Company of Hawaii may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by First Insurance Company of Hawaii. First Insurance Company of Hawaii reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. First Insurance Company of Hawaii has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, First Insurance Company of Hawaii reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless First Insurance Company of Hawaii and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF United Sates of America AND The State of Hawaii, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in The State of Hawaii having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: First Insurance Company of Hawaii 1100 Ward Avenue Attn: Kaela Wasnich Honolulu Hawaii 96814 USA. Requests must be received no later than 10/29/21 9am HST.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is First Insurance Company of Hawaii 1100 Ward Avenue Honolulu Hawaii 96814 USA.
- The Contest hosted by First Insurance Company of Hawaii is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.