Claims may be reported via the following numbers:
Catastrophe call center: 1-888-FICOH 4 U (1-888-342-6448)
All other claims:
Oahu: (808) 527-7711
Neighbor Islands toll free: (800) 272-5202
Fax: (808) 545-3120
For your reference, here are tips to stay safe during and after the storm and to help you through the claims process.
- If you stay home during a tropical storm or hurricane, always stay indoors and away from windows and glass doors. Get on the side of the house opposite from the wind.
- Use telephones for emergencies only.
- Listen for radio or television reports from the National Weather Service and follow instructions.
- Avoid using utilities during the storm. Instead, rely on battery powered appliances and use candles with caution.
- If you evacuate your home, take family pets and other valuables with you. You may not have the opportunity to retrieve these items later.
- Protect your health by making sure refrigerated food has not spoiled.
- Watch for falling objects as weakened tree limbs or structural debris may collapse and cause serious injury.
- Avoid electrical shock by not touching any wires or objects that are in contact with them.
- Monitor radio and/or television for reports before leaving your home or evacuation shelter.
- Report your loss promptly.
- Report your loss only once.
- Provide the following information with the report of a loss:
- Policy Number
- Named Insured on the Policy
- Date, Time, and Location of the loss or damage
- Description of the damage
- All contact information for the insured and/or representatives
- If multiple buildings, please specify which buildings are damaged with specific addresses
- Look for potential safety risks. If the building is unstable, do not enter.
- Report downed power lines or gas leaks to authorities as soon as possible.
- Make emergency repairs to your building to mitigate your damages when safe.
- Protect personal property from further damage.
- Take photographs of your damaged property.
- Do not discard any item without first speaking with a claims representative
- Keep an accurate record of any repair expenditures
- Be prepared to provide copies of all documents (inventories, receipts, invoices, etc.) to the claims representative.
For the latest tips and updates, follow First Insurance on Twitter (@FirstInsHI) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/FirstInsHI).